A Delicious and Healthier Version of the Common Pancake
Is your family usually craving pancakes on a weekend morning or even for dinner? Starting your day with a hearty, healthier breakfast will keep you satisfied and energized throughout the day. Elevate your family’s breakfast with this delicious, healthier pancake recipe. The secret – almond flour and more natural ingredients. We love this recipe because almond flour is low in carbs and high in nutrients. If you’re looking to add more nutrients into this meal, one tip that some of us use with our families is to add fruit or nut butter on top for extra nutrients and flavor!
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey (or another liquid sweetener)
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A few tablespoons of cooking oil or butter
- Add all wet ingredients into a large bowl.
- Using a whisk, mix all ingredients in the bowl together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Heat a skillet on a low to medium heat with about 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake on the heated skillet.
- When you can slide a spatula under the pancake easily, flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Cook for a few more minutes and place the cooked pancakes on a warm plate and cover. Repeat for the remaining batter.
Makes about 20 silver-dollar sized pancakes or about 4 servings
Adapted from: Erica on Comfy Belly