As a Certified Health Coach, you can help others achieve their goals by guiding them to create and adhere to long-term healthy lifestyle habits. If you are passionate about helping others and ready to invest in yourself, here are the top seven reasons to become a Certified Health Coach in 2024.
1. You will provide others with the support they need: With the knowledge and skillset you will acquire during your Health Coach training, you will be positioned to help those around you start living happier, healthier lives. As you grow in your coaching career, you will inspire change in more people, which will lead to change on a larger scale. Did you know that 60% of Americans want health coaching, but 80% have never had it offered to them? In addition, 62% of Americans would be at least somewhat likely to participate in health coaching if it were offered to them by their employer. The opportunity to be a leader for change is here, and those around you are waiting for it.
2. You will join a growing field of passionate practitioners: The need for healthcare support staff, including Health Coaches, grew by 34% between 2019 and 2021. And, demand isn’t diminishing anytime soon. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in health education professions are projected to grow by 7% between 2022 and 2032, which is more than twice the growth rate for all occupations. In fact, the health coaching market is expected to reach over $29 billion by the year 2032. The opportunity to pursue your passion for health and wellness has never been greater.
3. You can do meaningful work that makes a difference in the world: A staggering six in 10 adults in the United States have one chronic disease, and four in 10 have two or more chronic diseases, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. Certified Health Coaches provide a new level of expertise by partnering with their clients and giving them the support, education and encouragement they need to manage and improve their chronic conditions.
4. You will be able to help others prioritize their health: Guide others to obtain the life they want by providing the accountability and support they need. Only 6% of Americans include the essential behaviors for preventing chronic diseases (like good nutrition, adequate physical activity and avoiding alcohol and tobacco use) in their daily routine. With such a large part of the population struggling with healthy habits, the need for professionals who can support them is at an all-time high. As a Health Coach, you can empower others to self-identify and stick with their health and wellness goals.
5. Reach vulnerable populations and make a lasting impact: As a Health Coach, you will help people increase their awareness and capacity for change. You will empower those struggling to make their intentions a reality by awakening them to their own unique skills, strengths, abilities and untapped potential through behavior-change techniques. You will coach people to optimize their health and well-being so they can truly thrive in their lives.
6. You can use your certification in various ways: As a Certified Health Coach, you can be the resource others need to change their lives and improve their physical health and overall well-being, no matter how you decide to use your certification. Health Coaches certified by the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute can use their certifications in many ways.
- Start a new career – Full- and part-time jobs are available in many settings, such as corporations, hospitals, clinics, schools and universities, fitness centers, wellness centers, online app coaching and others.
- Build Your Own Practice – Connect with your network and community to start making an impact on those around you. As a business owner, you can set your own schedule and create your niche in the health coaching market.
- Grow Professionally – Enhance your current career with increased knowledge and skills. Our certification programs also offer opportunities to earn continuing education credits for certain professions.
- Earn More Money – Whether you start your own practice, pivot to a new career or are growing your skillset in your current role, there are opportunities to work with clients in a more robust capacity to increase your earning potential
7. You can practice what you coach: Health coaching will benefit both you and your community. When your peers, children, family members or colleagues see you prioritizing your health and wellness, this sends a powerful message to them. By setting an example of what living a healthy lifestyle means, you can use your coaching practices to create healthy habits that will benefit you and those around you.
The Dr. Sears Wellness Institute is here to provide you with the tools, resources and support you need to lead the way to a healthier future. Learn more about becoming a Certified Health Coach in 2024.
Connect with an Admissions Advisor
Are you ready to take the next step in your journey to becoming a Certified Health Coach? Schedule a meeting with a Dr. Sears Wellness Institute Admissions Advisor. Call us at (866) 446-1967 and we will provide you with insights on our course options, available opportunities once you’re certified and help answer any questions you have.