Easy to Make Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter together? While it is best to limit sugary treats, these light, flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are grain-free and naturally sweetened. Peanut butter is not only delicious, but is also a great source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, unsalted (preferably organic)
- ⅓ cup honey (*see note below to reduce sugar content)
- 1 whole egg, or a flax egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients until a thick, gooey batter forms, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, or parchment paper. This dough is much stickier than traditional cookie dough, but don’t worry, it’ll turn out just right.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F, turning the pan half-way through the baking time so that the cookies brown evenly.
- When the cookies are lightly browned, remove the pan from the oven, and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. They will firm up as they rest, so this step is important!
- Once the cookies are cool and firm enough to handle, use a spatula to transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature, with your favorite beverage, or chill in the freezer for a cold, chewy treat!
Recipe adapted from: Megan Gilmore at Detoxinista