Dr. Sears’ List of 13 Superfoods
There is no standard definition of what “superfoods” are. There are “superfoods” that help you sleep better according to this article, or you can eat from this general list of 11 superfoods from this article, but at the core of it all, these superfood lists have one thing in common: They are designed under the premise that those who eat better, live better.
Dr. Sears’ list of 13 superfoods have the following characteristics:
- They are all nutrient-dense, meaning they pack the most nutrition for the number of calories they contain.
- They contain nutrients that have proven, science-based, benefits.
- They are made by nature and are not processed or packaged.
- They taste good and satisfy your body.
- They have the ability to be prepared in a variety of ways.
- They contain no ingredients that have been found harmful to your health.
Dr. Sears 13 Superfoods
- Seafood (especially salmon)
- Berries (especially blueberries)
- Olive oil
- Flaxseed Meal
- Pomegranate Juice
- Red Onions
- Beans & Lentils
Ready to start living better by packing your diet with nutrient-dense foods? Choose a few superfoods from the list above and give them a try!