Health Coach Training
Online Health Coach Training and Certification
Health Coach Training Details
Dr. Sears Wellness Institute’s Health Coach Training and Certification offers a unique online training course that focuses on group interaction, quality education, and personal connection with the course instructors. We don’t give you the curriculum and expect you to learn it on your own. We want to be a part of your educational journey! If there is a problem, tell us. We will do our best to help you. That’s our promise to you.
Training Overview Quicklinks:
Online Health Coach Training Content:
Our online health coach training is unique because it provides coach candidates who are just entering the health and wellness field the nutrition and lifestyle education they need to become a health coach. The programs are also designed as a tool for health professionals who have extensive nutrition knowledge, but lack a fully developed curriculum to teach their clients a simple program that is easy to understand and implement. The training includes:
- Which foods are more likely to lead to depression, obesity, cancer, learning disabilities, behavior, etc.
- How to customize workshops for different audiences
- The Traffic Light Eating Continuum, a simple way to choose quality foods
- Which nutrients are most important
- How the body processes and utilizes both macronutrients and micronutrients
- How to decipher the many parts of a packaged food label
- Simple ways to understand and explain the complex world of fats
- How much and what types of protein are important for growing children
- The physiology behind movement and how it affects health
- Effective teaching strategies that increase participant engagement
- How, where and who your workshops will reach, and more!
Online Course Structure:
The new integrated classroom provides the ultimate online health coach training experience and makes learning and navigation a breeze – even for those who are not highly computer savvy!
The main course instruction is completed through interactive eLeaning Segments. These online health coach training segments contain pictured illustrations, slides, narrated audio, notes pages, quizzes, games, and activities. In addition to the interactive eLearning segments, course participants will have the opportunity to participate in a number of other training activities including: (click each icon to view a description)
Health Coach Training Course Length:
The length of the health coach training course is six to 12 weeks depending on the number of certifications received. One certification lasts a total of six weeks and each additional course is an additional three weeks of training time.You can expect to spend approximately 6-8 hours per week on course work at a time that is convenient for you. The only portion of the online class that has a set time is the weekly conference call.
Your health and wellness education doesn’t end when you get your certification! You will have access to:
- Free live support from expert trainers
- Free health coach referrals through our website
- Free research & article library
- Free presentations & presentation support
- Free learning modules, conference calls and/or webinars
- Printed marketing materials and coach websites are completely optional and are available for purchase
For more information, please review the coach and training support page.
Each candidate will receive a complete health coach training kit that includes:
- Complete health coach instructor’s manual and sample participant workbooks
- Printed copies of presentation notes, handouts and resources
- Full color activity cards for use in teaching L.E.A.N. Workshops
- Essential nutrition information taught by experts
- Teaching and group management techniques
- Interactive learning and hands-on activities
- Official Certificate signed by Dr. Sears
- Marketing tools and strategies to support your efforts