Lifestyle: a set of attitudes, habits, or actions by which a person lives
In all areas of life, from personal health to relationships to career, the master success tool for adults and children is the ability to make wise choices. Those daily choices can either empower a happy, healthy mind and body, or they can contribute to poor mental and physical health.
A healthy, lean lifestyle is made up of hundreds of little habits and choices every day. In the end, it’s not so much a set of rules for living as it is a behavior that stems from a thorough understanding of what makes for healthy happy, strong bodies.
For those just starting out to develop a healthy lifestyle, here are Dr. Bill’s top ten habits of a lean lifestyle. These aren’t to be thought of as rules to follow. Rather, think of them as a good place to start to help you envision a happier, healthier life for you and your family.
- Grazing on nutritious food throughout the day.
- Making supermarket shopping a lesson in lean living.
- Starting the day with a brainy breakfast.
- Doing thirty to sixty minutes of physical activity daily.
- Liking your body type.
- Eliminating toxic or negative thoughts.
- Spending more of the day on play time (moving) than on screen time (sitting).
- Thinking of both eating and moving as forms of preventive medicine.
- Getting restful sleep each night.
- Enjoying “happy meals” with your family at least five days a week.
Start today! Choose one of the ten healthy habits and practice it this week. Don’t try to change everything all at once. Little steps toward a healthy lifestyle are better than no steps at all.