Chicken Tortilla Pie
Roast Beef Salad
Chicken Tortilla Pie
- 2 to 4 cooked chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh salsa, 1 cup minced veggies of choice
- 4 multigrain flour tortillas
- ½ cup of reduced fat Monterey jack cheese.
Preheat the oven to 450. Combine the chicken and salsa in a bowl and mix. Disperse the veggies evenly over the tortillas and add the chicken mix on top. Add the cheese and stack the tortillas on top of one another. Cook at 450 for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Cut into fourths and serve immediately.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup diced tomatoes and green chili’s
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken evenly with ¼ teaspoon cumin and cook each side of the chicken for 6 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and place ¼ cumin and diced tomatoes onto the skillet. Cook the tomato mixture for one minute, return the chicken to the pan, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Once the cheese melts, top the chicken with cilantro and serve.
Lemon Snapper with Herbed Butter
- 2 lemons
- 4 filets of red snapper or another firm, white fish
- ¼ Tsp. paprika
- ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of butter (softened)
- 1 ½ Tsp. of chopped fresh herbs
Preheat the oven to 425 and cut the lemon into 8 slices. Place the lemon on a baking sheet and layer the filets over the lemon. Combine the paprika and pepper and sprinkle evenly over the fish. Bake for 13 minutes or until the fish flakes. While the fish cooks, combine the butter and herbs in a bowl. Separate the fish into individual servings and pour the herb butter on in a desired amount.
- 4 Tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 lbs. chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 2 (8-ounce) loaves focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Add 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken mixture from the pan; cover and keep warm. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 7 minutes or until tender. Arrange chicken mixture evenly over bottom halves of bread; top with bell pepper mixture. Arrange cheese over pepper mixture, and sprinkle with black pepper. Top with top halves of bread. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; let stand 5 minutes.
Roast Beef Arugula Salad
- 3 beets (trimmed)
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula
- A vinaigrette of your choice (suggest orange vinaigrette)
- 1 slice low sodium deli roast beef cut into strips (1/4 inch thick)
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
Place beets in a microwave safe bowl and add enough water to fill the bowl half way. Cover and microwave for 8 minutes and slice into wedges once tender. Combine arugula and dressing. Add the toppings evenly throughout the salad and serve.