Our Favorite Organic Chicken Taco Recipe:
Chili Lime Organic Chicken Tacos topped with Cilantro Crema & Paired with Kale, Jicama Mango Salad
Looking for a healthy organic chicken taco recipe? Well here you have it! A great way to add some fiesta flare to your dinner table. Follow this slow-cooked recipe so that you don’t have to slave over a meal for hours in the kitchen. We recommend that you prepare the Chili Lime Chicken first, using a Crock-Pot and allow it to cook for 4-7 hours depending on the temperature. The Cilantro Crema & Mango Salad will only take a few minutes each to prepare so you can prepare those last. Top these tacos off with the Cilantro Crema and pair with a Kale, Jicama Mango Salad
Slow-Cooked Chili Lime Chicken Tacos
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 2 lbs boneless organic chicken thighs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili spice
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ – ½ cup lime juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilis
- Organic white or blue corn tortillas
- Optional toppings include: cilantro, avocado slices, sliced fresh jalapenos, and salsa.
Combine all ingredients except the cilantro and avocado into a Crock-Pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours. Once this is done cooking, shred the chicken with two forks. Serve atop corn tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, or a bed of greens. For some added color and flavor try topping these tacos with cilantro, avocado slices, sliced fresh jalapenos, salsa and Cilantro Crema.
- 1 cup full fat organic Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro, leaves only
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Pulse until fully blended. Use to drizzle on top of Chili Lime Chicken Tacos.
Kale, Jicama Mango Salad
- 1 head of kale, stems discarded and leaves torn into small pieces
- 1 small mango, peeled and stone removed, cut into slices or dice sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk olive oil, lime juice together. Set to the side. Kale is a tougher green, so after destemming and tearing the leaves into smaller pieces, massage with the olive oil and lime juice mixture. This technique softens the woody texture of kale. Top this salad with slices of mango and jicama. Salt and pepper to taste.